Thursday, October 27, 2016

Thursday Night Props

What'd I tell ya? I suck at this. I went 2-10 last week, so there's nowhere to go but up, right?

Anyways, I wanted to get some picks in before the Thursday game because I made up for my horrible, awful, no good very bad Sunday with a pretty good Monday. I didn't tell you guys because time constrained me, but in a fairly predictable game, the inevitable occurred.

Tonight's game is a far cry from predetermined. The Jaguar's strength is their passing game, if only because they don't even try to run the ball anymore. Tennessee is without Parish Cox, who was simultaneously the Titan's best available corner and one of the worst CB's in the league. There will be points. Neither team seems capable of playing lock-down defense, particularly when it counts.

TOTAL TD PASSES - BORTLES - OVER 1 1/2 (-115)

TOTAL RUSH YARDS - MURRAY - OVER 97 1/2 (-135)

FIRST SCORING PLAY - FG OR SAFETY (+110)

ANYTIME TD SCORER - MURRAY (-175)

TEAM TO SCORE LONGEST TD - JACKSONVILLE (-105)

TOTAL SUCCESSFUL FG'S - OVER 3 1/2 (+110)

TOTAL RUSH YARDS - MARIOTA - OVER 22 1/2 (-140)

I think this is the week the real Mariota stands up in front of his home fans.With a 2-8 home record, it needs to be. He has been incredibly accurate, even in his losses, and I think the national audience and his fumble last week will spark a fast start tonight.

The Jaguars have only allowed 3 passing TD's in the last 4 games, which means they're due. They have also only given up an average of 13 f.p.p.g through their last 4 to opposing QB's. If you read that as a reason to avoid anyone other than Murray, I wouldn't fault you, but I think we're going to see the total offensive package tonight. The X-factor is Mariota's designed runs. While he has been hesitant to call them, Mularkey has to have noticed by now that they always work.  Jalen Ramsey will be ball hawking and making plays, but I think Mariota can avoid him well enough considering the lack of complimentary playmakers around him.

If Bortles continues his less than stellar play, I like TEN to get rolling early and never look back. If he can exploit the weak Titan's secondary (as everyone else seems to do) this should stay close and be a fun game to watch. Tajae Sharpe is also due for a coming out party, I think tonight is the night he breaks a long one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment