Saturday, December 3, 2016

Week 13 NFL Picks

Another week is in the books, and still we wait for news of the elusive "sure-thang". Last Sunday I did pretty well (11-2) bringing my straight-up totals to 71-35-7 (.661). I also discovered I still can't math good. Apologies. The games on Thursday I did not pick I will consider draws, even though I would have gone with the favorites. I was awful close to a mic-drop on Thursday night, reminding myself why it's nice to only lose in theory.




KANSAS CITY @ ATLANTA


With Poe and Houston both questionable, the rest of the Kansas City defense will have to put in the same sort of effort they found in Denver. This is a huge game in relation to playoff odds for both teams. Tampa Bay nips at the heels of the Falcons in the NFC South, and the Chiefs hope to stay in front of the Broncos who are all but guaranteed to win in Jacksonville.

DETROIT @ NEW ORLEANS

I think New Orleans is due for a letdown after they schelacked Gregg Williams and the Rams. Detroit seems due for a letdown of their own, after repeated late escapes. I like the Under at 53 1/2, based on how much both teams will understand what a two-score deficit means to their playoff hopes.

LOS ANGELES @ NEW ENGLAND

Gronk is out, which is cause for worry in Patriot nation. Not this week though, Brady is gunning for the title of winningest QB in NFL history, and I do not think the Rams have enough on offense to make him wait.

DENVER @ JACKSONVILLE

Denard Robinson is in, but Allen Hurns is out, leaving a one dimensional offense even more limited than usual. Julius Thomas is out as well, so a bit of the homecoming drama will be missing. Paxton Lynch gets the start, and he is the only potential  roadblock between the Broncos and another road W.

HOUSTON @ GREEN BAY
Aaron Rodgers must be grateful Clooney will have to sit this game out. Without Watt and Clooney, I still expect to see the Packers struggle keeping Rodgers upright. Matthews has shifted to ILB for the Pack, and I think the front 7 get into Brock's head enough to win what is essentially a playoff game.

PHILADELPHIA @ CINCINATTI

Wentz needs to get his swagger back, I think this is a good opportunity to do that. The Bengals have obvious flaws, but they will not go gently into the night.

MIAMI @ BALTIMORE

The Ravens can boast the best rush defense in DVOA history, a remarkable statistic for a team that would be .500 if they lose. Miami has played their way into a wild card spot, this game will be a fun one to watch.

SAN FRANCISCO @ CHICAGO

ESPN said it best: "Bears - 49er's biggest impact could be on 17' draft ...somebody has to win"

BUFFALO @ OAKLAND

Buffalo is plagued with injuries, with Watkins, Ihedigbo, and Dareus all questionable. Oakland looks like the team to challenge New England in the AFC.

NEW YORK GIANTS @ PITTSBURGH

The G-Men are on a 6 game win streak and still trail Dallas. I think they make the playoffs, but lose a few games first, including this one.

WASHINGTON @ ARIZONA

The Redskins have played very well in recent weeks, I don't think Arizona can keep up.

TAMPA BAY @ SAN DIEGO

I have to use this space to issue a personal apology to James Winston. I wrote him off after his CFB collapse against Oregon. Not only has he developed into a useful QB, he has quite a knack for leadership. Big ups.

CAROLINA @ SEATTLE

When your team signs Dan France off the CLE practice squad, there are legitimate causes for concern.

INDIANAPOLIS @ NEW YORK JETS

I really want the Colts to lose this one, but I can't think of a good reason they will.


No comments:

Post a Comment