Thursday, January 19, 2017

NFL Playoffs - Conference Championships

Meh. 2-2 last week, but I feel like I should have seen the two losses coming. Aaron Rodgers is on another level, and LeVeon Bell is as close as anybody to reaching it (Frogger reference in the works). That pretty much betrays how I feel about Sunday's games, except for a sneaking suspicion that the well rested Pats will have saved half their playbook for the next two games.


GREEN BAY @ ATLANTA (GB +4 1/2)


Atlanta had a much easier time dismantling an undermanned Seattle secondary than many expected. They could never boast a strong defense though, and I think Rodgers is as close to a runaway train as a player can be. When he said "run the table" I don't think he meant "regular season table".


PITTSBURGH @ NEW ENGLAND


 The Steelers have issues on defense. There were plenty of opportunities for Kansas City to win last week. New England had the easiest schedule in the league this year, and has not been tested by an opponent of this caliber. I usually give the edge to the team who has played in more tough games, but I also don't usually go against the Pats. LeGarette Blount is the X-factor here, having been cut by the Steelers. I expect a Patriot W, but I'll be rooting for the Steelers to score one against the evil empire.

Quotient quotables:

"As you know I'm not on Snapface and all that, so I don't really get those," he said. "I'm really just worried about getting our team ready to go. I'm not really too worried about what they put on Instantchat, or whatever it is."

- Belichek on the Brown/Tomlin locker room video.

No comments:

Post a Comment