Sunday, November 13, 2016

Week 10 NFL Picks

So, I'm just going to throw the picks up and update the blog with my reasoning and bets as kickoff approaches. Pretty much everything subject to change before 10.

CLEVELAND @ BALTIMORE
fuckitty fuck fuck Josh McCown!?! WTF Hue. I believed in you.

GREEN BAY @ TENNESSEE
Mariota has been unfairly singled out as the only reason for the Titans losses. He certainly has some gigantic turnovers to answer for, but I place the blame squarely on the refs for this last one.

MINNESOTA @ WASHINGTON 
The inability to score has caught up to Minnesota. They really need to win this game, but I don't think anybody is afraid to play the Vikings anymore. Until Bradford leads a comeback, they won't be.

CHICAGO @ TAMPA BAY
A tough game to call here. I hedge toward the home team, but I wouldn't recommend betting or watching this one.

KANSAS CITY @ CAROLINA
This one simply comes down to who wants it more. I don't think the Chiefs play particularly well on the road, and the Panthers have been playing for their season since they lost to the Buccaneers.

ATLANTA @ PHILADELPHIA
This is my pick for the game of the week, along with SEA - NE. Both teams certainly need the boost that comes with beating a contender, and they can expect to see each other in the NFC hunt.

LOS ANGELES @ NEW YORK JETS (UNDER 39)
This one has been picked pretty heavy for the Jets, and I feel pretty uneasy about following suit. If the Rams could score, I would go with them, but this is a watchable game I don't expect anyone to watch.

DENVER @ NEW ORLEANS (NO -3)
Without Talib, the Denver secondary took a big step back. The Oakland passing attack and the New Orleans passing attack resemble each other too much to feel good about their chances in the dome.

HOUSTON @ JACKSONVILLE (HOU +2)
The Texans have a good passing defense, and Jacksonville is stuck in the air. They hung around in Kansas City, but I think that's more because of Nick Foles than anything they did. 

MIAMI @ SAN DIEGO (SD- 4 1/2)
Nobody's giving Miami a chance on the road, and I won't either. A 4 1/2 point line seems to suggest Vegas thinks this will be a closer game than the pundits expect.

DALLAS @ PITTSBURGH (DAL +2)
The Cowboys haven't been stopped by anyone yet. I don't think Pittsburgh has the answer, but I do want them to win this one, for totally non-selfish reasons. The history should at least make it tough.

SAN FRANCISCO @ ARIZONA
A 14 point line is too much for me, but I don't really have a good reason to tell anybody else it won't happen.

SEATTLE @ NEW ENGLAND (SEA +8)
The Patriots remember the Fail Mary, and expect to get some street cred they don't even need.

CINCINNATI @ NEW YORK GIANTS
No thoughts on this one. The Giants have burned me too much to pick against them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment